All classes take place on a private message board here at Ten Two Studios. All classes currently offer unlimited access. Once you register, you will always have access to the course materials.
Classes Come Two Ways
The first time I release a class, I sometimes choose to offer it in small chunks over a period of weeks, with new sections posted each week. Some people like to work in this format, with lessons posted at a regular pace, knowing that they have a goal each week.
Once a class like that begins the first time, I close registration while the class is running. This is so I can focus on moving the lessons into place, answering class questions, and making any additions or corrections necessary in the course materials.
After the class runs the first time, and all the lessons are completed, I may reopen registration for self-paced learning. Students who register for existing classes will work at their own pace, with all materials already visible and posted. Some folks like to wait until they have the time or money to take a class, so this option works better for them.
Sometimes, I just go ahead and release the class into the wild as self-paced right off the bat. Usually, they’re short, quick classes.
In either case, whether you take the class as weekly or self-paced, you will always have access to the class materials posted on the board, and will be able to ask questions and receive help there.
How To Register & Participate
- First, you’ll need a computer or device that can view YouTube videos. If you’re using a phone, tablet, or any other device, be sure you have installed the YouTube app, and have tested watching videos on it.
- Purchase the class you wish to take, using the Add To Cart button on its detail page.
- Your payment will generate an email with a link to The Classroom message board. Go there, and register.
- Within 48 hours (M-F), I’ll log in and approve your registration, and set up permissions for you to view your class.
- Log into the classroom, and check the class board. You should now be able to see the section that pertains to your class. Go to the syllabus post, which should be the very first one on the class board. Instructions and links will be posted there.
- If you run into trouble, ask questions about the lesson that’s stumping you on the message board. I’ll be around to answer questions.
Previously Asked Questions
Can we take the classes at our leisure or are there specific times on specific days?
If you are taking a new class being offered for the first time, check the schedule posted in the class description to find out when new lessons are posted. Although they’re posted as scheduled, you may work at your own pace.
If you’re taking a self-paced class, all the lessons are already posted on the classroom board. You may work at your own pace.
How long will the videos and lessons remain available to students?
You will have access to the classroom message board as long as it exists. Once you’ve registered, your class will be there as long as I’m here. I’m hoping that’s a really long time
When will the class you just posted be available as self-paced?
I cannot tell you when or if any class will be offered beyond its first posting. Some classes simply don’t lend themselves to the self-paced format—and I won’t know that until I take a group of students through the class the first time.
I registered for a class, but don’t have time to take it. Can I transfer my class registration to someone else?
No. Classes are not transferable. Access to the class, the classroom board, and all class materials is granted only to the person who purchased the class. Giving someone else access to those materials will result in the permanent cancellation of your access to the classroom board.
Will I be able to download the class to my computer, to watch later?
No. The class lives on the classroom message board. You will not be able to download the individual lessons to store on your computer or device.