These sweet little Frida matchboxes are designed to hang on a wall. To make your shrines, you’ll need:
- From Ten Two Studios, you’ll need a Frida Matchbox Shrine printable kit. It comes with the digital sheet shown in the video, plus step by step instructions with photos.
- A printer, and good paper. I printed my sheet on 32lb. laser paper.
- Lightweight chipboard.
- Matchboxes. Get the small 32 count size from the dollar store, or any big box store.
- A glue stick, and the liquid glue of your choice. I usually use quick drying white glue for chipboard, and E6000 for dimensional items.
- Gesso, for priming the chipboard and matchboxes.
- Found objects, like skull beads, tiny bottles, fabric scraps and such, to fill the shrine.
- Sharp scissors and/or a sharp craft knife.
- Sharpies. I used red, blue, yellow, pink and black for these shrines.
- A scrap of ribbon, to make a hanging loop on the back.